Friday, September 27, 2013

Random...

Parenting....

I get those email updates from Graco... Today's was:

"Welcome to your 9th month of parenthood!"

Ha!!

I am actually in my 108th month of parenthood...

I mean, let's be honest, any parent of a lot of kids could be writing those updates Graco is sending out.

It's like the piece of paper with what my baby should be doing at nine months that I got at the Doctors office on Tuesday for Everett's 9 month check up.  It has all the information on it that was on at least one exam in my child development class in college!  (and all the other classes where I had to learn child development too for my first major)  It was useful though, I made it into a paper airplane to entertain Jonah while we waited for the Doctor to come in.  Then Jonah flew it to its final landing in the trash can.

What I need is a page of updates on how to get my almost six year old to stop using a whiny voice when she wants something and how to get her to do her homework more willingly!! That is a handout I would read in its entirety!  (Oh, wait... I kept a text book from college specifically for that... Time to dust off that sucker!)

Blogging....

So, only a very few of my friends blog regularly anymore...  I don't really read very many bloggers of people I don't know (like 2 or 3). So I have no bloggers to read anymore.  Not so sad about that, but I am sad that most of my friends no longer blog!!! 

Listening...

This is what I have been listening to the last few days while cleaning or cooking in the kitchen.  This is my friend Becky's friend, who was on The Voice last year.


Pat on the back....

I just made dinner for tonight!  I love having something out of the way that I know needs done later!!
 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I could use a handout on whining or how not to fight with your siblings or teasing or screaming.....I could go on!!

Holly said...

sounds like we need the same handout...