Thursday, September 26, 2013

2013 To Do List - Report

So... it turns out 2013 is also the year of car repairs as well - maybe I jinxed myself in my 2013 To Do List Post????  In fact today, the van is getting new brakes...  Then our other car needs a new axle and an oil leak repaired...  Things that happen when your vehicles reach 140,000 + miles?  This year both of our vehicles have gotten new tires.  The van got new tie rods, a lock on the sliding door needed fixed ($$$!!), and then something else on both vehicles, but I can't remember what they were!!  AAAGHHH!!  I could have used that money to do some of the other things on this list...

Anyway here's my report of where I stand on my to do list...

1.  The beach (AT LEAST TWICE!!)
FOUR TIMES!!!  Four different beaches.  At least I can say we did something on this list... Two day trips, One weekend Trip, and one full week trip.  I honestly just want to move to the beach.  A beach that doesn't have hurricanes....
2.  The lake
We did go to a lake, just not the lake I was planning to go to... but technically that still counts! Done!
3.  Resort Campground
Nope, Hopefully next year!
4.  Charleston, SC in the fall
I wish...  This makes me so sad...  NEXT YEAR!!!!
5.  The fair
Yep!  3 days! Jonah actually just asked me this morning when we were going to the fair again!  
5.  Pay off debt
We did pay off some debt with our tax return, so I guess check?  Wah!!
6.  Make something to enter in the fair
Fail.  Next year...
7.  Make at least one quilt (not counting the ones I sell...)
Not yet...
8.  Make Mallary some clothes (I have all these clothes to refurbish for her...)
I have started some things... but nothing done yet...
9.  Finish some of my for fun sewing projects I have taking up space in my workroom.
Nope.
10.  Finish some house projects (the list for that is way too long to put here...)
Definitely done some house projects... We killed the clover in our yard... I cleaned my workroom (it now needs to be cleaned again...) 
11.  Use up some fabric (I have 7 - 18 gallon totes of fabric, plus cabinets in my workroom full of fabric.  I feel like a hoarder.  My goal is to get it down to TWO - 18 gallon totes by the end of the year!!)
I am now down to SIX totes... I really don't think I'll get down to 2 before the end of the year... but maybe??????
12.  Monthly temple attendance
Check!!  Go us!
13.  Repair my body
I have diastasis recti - a three finger separation.  So, I have no core to support me, so I could really hurt myself...  I have actually done some jogging.  My main exercise is to suck in my core, hold it, release, repeat...  Those big babies... 
14.  Pick strawberries.
Check!
15.  Can strawberry lemonade concentrate.
Check!
16.  Can strawberry jam - not just freezer jam
Check!
17.  Pick and make and can grape juice.
Check!
18.  Grow more basil to make pesto to freeze.
I TOTALLY grew more basil, but unfortunately didn't make as much pesto as I would have liked.  But, I guess technically I can still say Check!
19.  Pick Blackberries - FREEZE MORE!
We picked blackberries.  (Technically John did.)  But, we didn't pick more than last year.  However, I found them on sale already frozen for the same price I pick them for and totally stocked up AND made and canned blackberry jam!  Yum!!  AND I made raspberry freezer jam too - and that wasn't even on my list!
20.  Find more cherries to pick...  Freeze?  Can?
So, I found cherry orchards, but I found them too late in the season... So, I'm looking forward to next year!
21.  Make and can apple butter
We just did this two weekends ago with my family!!  We did it old school style in a big copper kettle over an open fire outdoors.  So fun!
22.  Host two nice dinner parties like we used to
I was going to do one for my birthday, but I didn't...  I did host a house party dinner, but I don't count that as one of our nice dinner parties... Maybe we'll get to this?
23.  Do better at remembering birthdays and sending notes in the mail
I stink at this.  It's so sad.  I did remember to get a card to my grandma and to my niece.  So that's improvement I guess...
24. Catch up on my blogging
Nope!

No comments: