Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lately....

1.  Everett is crawling!  8 months.  He is also aware that barricades are being built around him to keep him from things like train tracks, and other toys.  He is not happy about it.

2.  My mother in law during her recent visit gave Jonah an appropriate nickname, "Blast."  Hmmm... It should be written like this I think, "BLAST!!"  Fitting for his one speed (full speed ahead) and his loud volume! 

3.  Mallary has started school.  Apparently, she won't sit next to Trevan on the bus.  She's too cool for that I guess.  I told her if she doesn't sit next to him she won't be riding the bus.  Guess where I saw her sit this morning???  Maybe I should compromise and say across the aisle from him...  She is such a stinker and she's only in Kindergarten! 

4. I've decided I need to put some locks on Mallary's dresser.  I have organized her drawers SOOOO many times - only to find that her drawers threw up a few hours later all over her room!  What is with that?!?!?!?! 

5.  I have yet to figure out what motivates my oldest.  He is a real piece of work.  Obviously, I count my blessings because he is the sweetest of boys.  He loves his little Everett and his teacher even gave me an A++++++ as a mom (after I gave myself an F because I didn't know his bus number) because he was such a good helper and nice kid and student on the first day of school.  I wish I could take the credit, but he is an A+ all of his own making.  I just can't figure out how to make him want to do his best in all he does.  AGH!  He is payback I guess for John and I not always doing our best growing up...  Why put forth effort when you can get by and do well with barely any?!?!?  Curses to the payback karma! 

6.  Four kids is...  that's right, it leaves me speechless.  Some people say three drove them over the edge, but four is mine.  I can't even explain... The lady in the check out line the other day was like, "I have four kids too...."  I responded, "Do ever feel crazy?"  She immediately smiled and seemed to look more relaxed knowing she was in the presence of a mother that understood a feeling she probably never could have imagined she'd ever feel!  We bonded in those few seconds. 

7.  Summer is gone.  It always makes me sad. 

8.  I cleaned my work room earlier this summer, it needs to be cleaned again...

9.  The past few weeks have been sprinkled with sleepless nights and nights going to bed at 2, 3, and 4 in the morning...  They are catching up to me.... Yawn!!!

10.  I'm hoping to get caught up on blogging and get some of my blog books printed off!!!!  One can dream, right????

No comments: