Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Flashback

Me on a birthday, not sure which one - I'm guessing two or three

I'm sure you know the whole Nature vs. Nurture issue right? I only had to study it in almost every one of my classes until I changed my major in college. I think we are a combination of nature and nurture.

In case you didn't know, my whole house except my bedroom, is some shade of a lime-y green (I had to give my husband one non-green room in our house, though still a kind of green, but not lime...).

I just thought I liked color, that would be nature, just part of my personality. Then, I came across this photo... Maybe I decided to paint my house orange and green because it was on my walls as a child, that would be nurture.

Just kidding.

But, really, I thought it was funny that my house now totally coordinates with the wallpaper my parents had in their kitchen when I was little. How fun is that wallpaper?!

Did you notice that funny highchair?

2 comments:

jen said...

that highchair is awesome! and i totally think the late 70's are back. all that green and orange and harvest gold. i never thought i would like it...but what's not to love? :)

Kari Davis said...

mmm, Love that highchair! That's totally vintage!