Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Another Unpublished Post

5/30/13

1.  The Big E rolled over on Saturday for the first time.  He kept doing it over and over. It seems too early.  I would have preferred him not do that for a few more months...  He also discovered his toes a few weeks ago which he loves.  He has also decided that sleeping is overrated!  What?!?!?!?  He's like, "Who has time to sleep when I can roll over, put my thumb in my mouth, talk a lot, or nurse from mom?!?  I don't have time for sleep!"  John laughs and says, "I wonder where he gets that from?"  Guilty, I guess.  Let's just hope E reverts back to his old ways soon...   Homeboy has gone from nursing for 5-8 minutes to me cutting him off when it's been close to a half hour!  That is not how I roll.   He just wants to snuggle and not snuggle with a paci in his mouth, no thank you.  I'm not sure when he turned over this new leaf, but he just needs to turn it right back over. 

2.  Last night I asked John what was something that bothers him about me.  He thought for a moment, and said, "that you have to try a new recipe for dinner every night."  I mean, don't get me wrong I know I'm pretty spoiled to eat a different country every night, but I think you should just stick to a rotation of some sorts where we have baked ziti one night, chicken another night, etc.  He's so weird.

3.  John came home from scouts the other night with a can of Spam.  "This is Trevan's," he said.  He tried it tonight and liked it.  "WHAT????" Shouldn't parents have to sign some kind of waiver or consent forms for their children to eat that stuff?  Trevan came home from school the next day and had more of the Spam for his after school snack.  I almost threw up.  It smells like pet food.  Also, a reason we have no pets.  I had cooked Spam in Hawaii and swallowed it down, but in my own house?  Trevan then informed me that he also tried potted meat and liked that too! (Vomit)  Says the boy who won't eat ketchup... 

2 comments:

jen said...

#2--well kind of sweet that was the only thing he could think of that "bothers" him. I try new recipes a lot, too. Otherwise it gets too boring!
#3--vomit vomit vomit. SPAM??? Though, I will confess to trying liver mush at Christmas and really liking it...

Unknown said...

Welcome to the club, I like liver too! :)