Monday, March 18, 2013

2013 TO DO LIST

I wouldn't say I have resolutions, but every year I have a to do list that hangs out in my head all year...  This year, I'm inspired by my friend, Jen, to put them on my blog and then report on them monthly.  That makes them more likely to be achieved, right? 

Oh  my goodness... I just asked John what was on our to do list and he said...

1.  Make lots of money.
2.  Have another kid.

I was like, "What??!!  Are you for real?"  He said it with a straight face, guys...  But, he was kidding.  I thought my husband was crazy there for a minute!  Always good for a laugh that one...

The real list:

1.  The beach (AT LEAST TWICE!!)
2.  The lake
3.  Resort Campground
4.  Charleston, SC in the fall
5.  The fair
5.  Pay off debt
6.  Make something to enter in the fair
7.  Make at least one quilt (not counting the ones I sell...)
8.  Make Mallary some clothes (I have all these clothes to refurbish for her...)
9.  Finish some of my for fun sewing projects I have taking up space in my workroom.
10.  Finish some house projects (the list for that is way too long to put here...)
11.  Use up some fabric (I have 7 - 18 gallon totes of fabric, plus cabinets in my workroom full of fabric.  I feel like a hoarder.  My goal is to get it down to TWO - 18 gallon totes by the end of the year!!)
12.  Monthly temple attendance
13.  Repair my body
14.  Pick strawberries.
15.  Can strawberry lemonade concentrate.
16.  Can strawberry jam - not just freezer jam
17.  Pick and make and can grape juice.
18.  Grow more basil to make pesto to freeze.
19.  Pick Blackberries - FREEZE MORE!
20.  Find more cherries to pick...  Freeze?  Can? 
21.  Make and can apple butter
22.  Host two nice dinner parties like we used to
23.  Do better at remembering birthdays and sending notes in the mail
24. Catch up on my blogging

Looks like we might have to make lots of money like John said to do some of our to do list...  :) 

4 comments:

Sofia L said...

pinterest can help you with all of that stuff. hahaha. That's where I'm getting all of my ideas on how to knock stuff off my list. And most of it is DIY tutorials so they're super cheap they just take a lot of work. My vote is make more money and pay someone to do it.

My jaw dropped when I saw make another baby. Not that I'm against it because I like squishy Hamilton babies but just surprised you were ready to jump back on the pregnancy horse.

Sarah said...

I'm very interested in canning strawberry lemonade concentrate. Please post something on that. Or put a link on how you do it. That sounds very good! :)

Holly said...

Sarah - this will be my first time!! There are a lot of pins on pinterest, but the recipe is also in the ball canning book (the canning bible...) I'll let you know when I do it... hopefully the strawberry crop is good this year!!!

Caroline said...

Typical boy response, that's probably what Ryan would've said too:) great goals, I've got lots in my head but haven't written them down (maybe I should do that). Do a post when you do the strawberry lemonade please and I can't wait to see your quilt