Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Flashback

I now think that my mom secretly got back at me for being a smarty pants by giving me these horrible haircuts. 

The other day I was driving and thinking about Trevan's mop of hair.  His hair is so fluffy, thick, and coarse.  I tried a new hair cut on him and I'm not loving it for all of the above reasons listed.   For a very quick second, I thought to myself, "Why is his hair so crazy?"  Before that brief second was even over, I was like, "Oh yeah, because he has my hair...." 

(For the record, Mallary looked at this picture and said, "That's not you."  After me telling her that it really was me, she says, "You look like Trevan.")
 
 
I hated my hair as a kid.  HATED!  I think you can see why...
 
I guess my hair got so tangly when it was long and I was a toddler, and I wouldn't let my mom brush it, or threw a fit when she did, that she just chopped it off.  When I was young, my grandmother would pay me money to sit still and let my mom cut my hair.  Around third grade, I started growing it out. 
 
My  mom finally started taking me to the salon to get my hair cut.  My hair was super thick and very coarse.  I hated it.  I was very familiar with thinning scissors starting from a very young age.  I would always have enough hair on the ground after a hair cut to  make enough wigs for several people.
 
When I had my hair short, people would call me things like, mushroom head, my hair was so poofy! 
 
As I've gotten older, my hair has thinned out almost completely, and even the texture is different. 
 
If only I could get that thick hair back today.... I think I wished it away so much growing up that I finally got my wish!  

No comments: