Saturday, June 1, 2013

Motherhood is...

 Motherhood is cleaning your kitchen floor 5 times in one day...
   
     I thought I would be productive and sweep the kitchen floor yesterday.

     An hour later while I had my back turned while talking on the phone for five minutes, Jonah   
     chewed and spit out watermelon all over the floor?! 

     I cleaned it up.

    About an hour later, he thought it would be (funny?) to pour his milk in the floor...

    I cleaned it up.

    That afternoon, I brought three boys the age of 4 and under home from the playground.  They got   
    inside before I did and took off their shoes in the kitchen (at least not in the living room) and 
    when I walked through the door I was greeted by PILES of sand on my floor.  The sand box at the
    park is about one pound short of sand now.

    I asked Trevan to clean it up.  He was doing a horrible job (ie: spreading it everywhere), so...

    I cleaned it up. 

    Just when I thought my shift was almost over (aka: bedtime) Jonah thought he should
    (experiment?) again by pouring milk all over the kitchen floor.

    I had to chase him to get the milk away from him, but before I could get it from him he sprayed 
    and shook it all over the living room floor as well.  ON PURPOSE.

    I lost my temper.

    Then,

    I cleaned it up. 

    Then,

    I turned off the movie they were watching and put them to bed. 

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I'm sorry but I'm just laughing right now:) just the other day, I had cleaned the bathrooms and mopped the floor. The girls and their friends decided to play in the mud and the dirtied the floor I just mopped and the bathroom I just cleaned:( cleaning with kids is endless!!