Thursday, May 15, 2014

22 Questions

My friend, Jen, tagged me to answer 11 questions from her blog.  Well, I'm an overachiever and decided to answer the ones she answered plus the ones she gave me.  Also, I'm a procrastinator procrastinating the work that is waiting for me on the other screen...  But, these are fun because I think our kids will love reading these someday! 

1. What is your favorite type of cheese?
Fondue!  Cheeseballs!  Macaroni and Cheese!  What would this world be like without cheese??  Heaven forbid!  Gourmet:  Fontina, Everyday: Pepperjack, On a burger: Pimento Cheese

2. What are you excited about?
Summer is almost here!!!  I love everything about it!

3. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
Did I???

4. What is on your bedside table?
What isn’t on my bedside table?   Unfortunately… you’ll find clothes that need to be packed away, clothes that need to be repaired, new pillows waiting to have their tags taken off.  Oh, the lamp you say?  It’s on the ground…

5. What do you order from the movie theater concession stand?
I’m a sucker for popcorn with LOTS of butter.  However, now that I’m an old person, it makes me sick.  For real.  

6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing?
I have two raised beds at my house and two raised beds at a community garden.  The goods:  Butternut squash, zuchinni, yellow squash, sweet potatoes, medium tomatoes, red potatoes (they look fabulous by the way! I am so excited!), onions, kale, broccoli, cantaloupe, green peppers, red peppers, jalapenos, brandywine tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, basil, flat leaf parsley, and there are a few spots for a few more things.  I’m also going to plant some stuff at my dads house; pumpkins and other assorted squash from seeds I sat aside from THESE.  Hoping for a successful crop!!

7. Any summer plans?
Always!!

8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for?
Jack and Emily (Revenge) Not a couple yet…

9. What’s the last thing you bought?
Lawn building soil

10. What’s one thing you are passionate about?
Good food!

11. What are you grateful for this week?
Snuggle time with the babies

12. A is for aggravation.  Ugh.  My kids sometimes…

13. What did you eat for breakfast? What do you wish you had eaten for breakfast?  Did I even eat breakfast today???  Any protein or a smoothie. 

14. How do you take your coffee?  Down my shirt is the only way apparently.  My grandpa tried to get me to drink some and then in the process of kidding around he dumped his mug full all over my brand new white shirt.

15. What’s the last book you read? The Pout Pout Fish.  I can’t remember the last book I read for myself, but I’m going to download 12 years a slave tonight!  Thanks for the reminder! 

16. How would you characterize your decorating style?  Hmmm… A little bit modern, a little bit traditional, sometimes too matchy.  I love bright colors and I love white.  It’s a bit tricky, because my house is full of things I don’t love, but they were things we could afford.  Bummer summer. 

17. What’s one blog or website that you never miss reading?  Honestly, there are barely a handful anymore, and Jen’s is one of them!

18. What’s your go-to meal to prepare when you’re having people over for dinner? I can’t think of a go to meal when we have people over because I’m probably attempting something new.  But, my go to meal to take someone who had a baby, sick, funeral, etc. is Shepherds Pie.

19. You are granted three wishes. What are they?  1.  Enough money to achieve our dreams sooner than later.  2.  That my children and family will always be happy and healthy and positive contributors in society.  3. That no one had to deal with allergies.

20. If you had to give up salt or sugar for the rest of your life, which could you live without?  Salt – easily. Is this a trick question?

21. What is the weirdest thing you believed as a kid?  Kids believe all kinds of crazy things!  Looking back, I think a weird thing is that I thought my parents knew everything.  Now what I think is a weird thing is when grown adults can't form their own opinions but have to refer to their parents.  "Well, my (mom or dad) said it, so it must be so!"  Ugh.

22. End of the world scenario – which do you prefer: vampires or zombies? Why? Hmm…Neither… but if I had to choose – Vampires seem more peaceful and attractive?  Zombies are just too gross.

I would tag someone else, but Sarah already did it, and I think most people that read my blog don't blog anymore!!  (Come on you guys!  Blog again!  I need more ways to procrastinate!!!)

2 comments:

jen said...

I'm jealous of your garden. And I wish you lived closer so you could teach me some stuff. :)
How can you live without salt?! I feel like there are so many ways to still have sweet (fruit) without added sugar. But I add salt to everything. :)
My bedside tables are way too small to hold anything more than a couple books and a lamp. Maybe that's the key, you need a smaller table! ha ha.

Caroline said...

Fun to read:) I can't believe how much you grow in your garden!