Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Tips

Five tips on how you can save a buck or two.

TIP #1: SAVE YOUR MONEY AND A HEADACHE... DO NOT BUY MARKERS.



This all happened in 12 minutes. 12 minutes!! I was finishing an order and helping someone on the phone at the same time when I hear Trevan yell, "Mom, Mallary's writing on the walls!" When Mallary colors in a coloring book, she makes a little mark on each page until all the pages have been colored, well, she did the same thing to our kitchen cabinets.

TIP #2: WHEN YOU WANT TO HIRE A MAID - RESIST. ENLIST YOUR CHILDREN FOR FREE!

I think Mallary had so much fun cleaning up the markers, she might do it again just so she can clean it up. I started wiping up the markers and Trevan and Mallary grabbed a baby wipe and joined in. For some reason the orange marker didn't come off...

TIP #3: DON'T INVEST IN THOSE TUPPERWARE CEREAL HOLDERS IF YOU HAVE AN EMPTY DRAWER SOMEWHERE - BE RESOURCEFUL.



This is what happens if you blog after breakfast and you didn't put the box of cereal away... The majority of a box of Fruity Cheerios fit nicely in the side table drawer. You know what I did? Nothing. I let the kids snack on them all day, and by the end of the day it was cleaned up.

TIP #4: DON'T BUY CEREAL BOWLS - THEY REALLY ARE UNNECESSARY.


Not pictured: The bowl, spoon, and remaining granola on the floor. I can assure you there was no smile on my face like the one on Mallary's.


TIP #5: BOOKSHELVES CAN BE EXPENSIVE - I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHAT THE POINT OF THEM ARE ANYMORE ANYWAY...

I guess Mallary was trying to figure out what to make for dinner... she likes looking at my cookbooks... she's obviously my child. (Not all of my cookbooks will fit in my kitchen the living room book shelf is my overflow)

3 comments:

cbonitab said...

that girl is going to rule the country with all that personality ozzing out of her. How fun!

Sarah said...

i laughed at the picture of jon pointing to other stains on the fridge. it was like he was ordering them to clean up. it made me laugh.

Sarah said...

oh, and i just laughed that you left the cereal in the drawer and let them snack out of it all day. how funny! i bet they loved it!